BDC supports 60,000 business owners across Canada. BDC highlights for 2018-19 include:
- $35 billion in capital committed to small and medium-sized businesses. This is up over 45% since 2015.
- Lent nearly $570 million to majority women-owned businesses.
- Opened up two of captive funds – IT and Health – to outside investors, which led to the creation of Framework Venture Partners and Amplitude Ventures.
- Made more than $300 million in loans and investments to support the growth of cleantech companies.
- Delivered 1,600 advisory services mandates helping entrepreneurs take their business to the next level.
- Reported a consolidated net income of nearly $890 million, which will allow a dividend payment of $128.4 million to the Government of Canada.