Video: Compliance Guide on Starting an Online Finance Business in the UK
Navigating the complex regulatory landscape can be a daunting task for both established business as well as start-ups looking to enter the UK financial market. To assist organizations looking to start an online finance business in the UK Katipult consulted some of the top experts in the space. This webinar is will provide you with actionable tips that will allow you to get a better understanding of this complex legal framework.
Matt Williamson, Head of Fintech at Thistle Compliance and one of the leading crowdfunding and P2P lending legal experts in the UK and Sophie Long, Head of Sales at Thistle Compliance, responsible for leading customers along the FCA compliance journey joined a Katipult webinar.
Some of the topics discussed in this webinar include:
- What do you need to start the financial business and/or product in the UK
- How to determine if you need FCA authorization or not
- What do you need for Direct Authorisation with the FCA
- How to leverage Appointed Representative (AR) while dealing with the FCA
- Best practices in compliance - consumer protection, financial crime protection, and effective governance arrangements