Women’s Entrepreneurship Finance Community of Practice (CoP) - Successful Models: Addressing Barriers in Financing Women SMEs
25 May 2021
Time:toEDT ( GMT)
8 : 00
9 : 30
The objective of the new Women Entrepreneurs Financing Community of Practice (CoP) is to effectively share knowledge and best practices, tools and innovative products to facilitate increased services to W-SMEs. To discuss and agree on how best to build a sustainable community of practice, we organized the first meeting on December 16th, 2020. Its purpose was to discuss and agree on priority areas of focus and how to best structure the CoP to serve memberson how best to build a sustainable community to effectively share lessons learned on how to increase financial services to W-SMEs. About 40 members and IFC staff from diverse regions and institutions attended the meeting.
Next Meeting: Successful Models: Addressing Barriers in Financing Women SMEs
The barriers impeding access to financial services for Women-SMEs are multidimensional and require a mix of financial, technical and policy solutions. Globally, many financial service providers have adopted business models to overcome barriers and successfully tap into the $1.5 trillion market for financing Women-SMEs (W-SMEs). During our next CoP meeting, volunteers will share experiences in adopting various approaches to address barriers, unlock market opportunities and provide financial solutions to W-SMEs.
On May 25 from 8 a.m. to 9.30 a.m. EST, the meeting will also include an open discussion for participants to voluntarily share unique experiences and discuss solutions.
• Share models and showcase approaches to addressing institutional and structural barriers in financing W-SMEs
• Deep dive into holistic approaches and lessons from diverse financial institutions and partners to unlock market opportunities
• Share perspectives along unique stages of the product cycle; Research/ Market Studies – Product Development – Delivery.
• Share perspectives on working in imperfect markets/ addressing regulatory barriers
• Facilitate participants contribution in sharing unique experience and solutions
Possible Areas for deep dive:
• Unleashing Market Opportunities and Business Case
• Strategy development and implementation
• Product design and delivery
• Leveraging Partnerships and Collaboration
• Addressing legal and regulatory barriers
Total Duration = 90 mins
• Introductions (presenters, champions) and overview by moderator: 5 mins
• Speaker Presentations: 15 mins
• Q&A: 10 mins
• Open Discussion with Participants: 50 mins
• Next CoP topic: 5 mins
• Conclusion, Wrap-up, Next steps by moderator: 5 minutes
Registration is open for members on Member's portal.